How to upload an MP3 of the show
0. Uploading from home is different and easier than uploading from 2SER or a University computer due to permission problems.
1. Browse to http://www.archive.org/create/
2. In the top right hand corner of the page, next to "Anonymous User" click on the "login" link, and enter email@example.com and the password privately emailed to you, click "OK" to bring on the next page
3. Enter the "Item identifier" in the format "diffusionYYYY-MM-DD", same name as you gave the MP3 file diffusionYYY-MM-DD.mp3 (where YYY is the 4 digit year, MM is the 2 digit month, and DD is the two digit day), and click submit. A message should appear in your browser telling you they have created an FTP directory for uploading
4.a archive.org create a different URL for every session, and you need to copy and paste the URL they give you on the screen to upload the MP3 file.
Or you can open Windows Explorer from Start->Program Files->Accessories, and copy and paste the URL from "Using Windows Internet Explorer" on the archive.org page in your browser.
Log in using "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the user (no inverted commas), and the same password as step 2. You will find that archive.org have created a directory "diffusionYYYY-MM-DD", click to enter it.
4b. At 2SER you can open Windows Explorer from Start->Program Files->Accessories, and copy and paste the URL from "Using Windows Internet Explorer" on the archive.org page in your browser, making sure that the address in the address bar starts with "ftp://". Then you can drag the file from the Diffusion folder to Windows Explorer and drop it to upload the file.
Internet Explorer at 2SER won't let you upload any files.
5. upload the file from your local computer in binary mode to the remote folder (25 minutes on home broadband)
6. in your web browser, click on "Click Here when finished"
7. Click on the item on the new screen
8. Click on "submit audio"
9. Fill in the white fields on the form:
Type the title as "Diffusion DDth Month YYYY"
Enter the show description:
Throats gargling in space
How throats gargle, throats head for space, and virtual throats, has their time come at last?
News by Blah
Throat gargling by Blah
Throats in space by Blah
Produced by Blah,
with technical support by Blah"
Fill in the author as "The Diffusion Team"
Fill in the run time of the show (which you will have given CBAA)
The source: "http://www.diffusionradio.com"
Taped by: enter your name
Categories: "Science" and whatever other keywords might help listeners find the show, seperated by ";" and not any other character - just a semi-colon.
Run Time: enter how many minutes and seconds
Track Number: "1"
10. Click "create entry"
11. email the Diffusion list with the show teaser and description and the item identifier you chose so the file can be included in the podcast by Ian
12. wait for applause
August 30, 2006